Internal Vacancy – Permanent Moving and Handling Lead Support Worker
22.5 hours per week £28,606.50 pro rata (£14.67 per hour)
Annual leave entitlement as per your current contract pro rated for part time hours
You must have at least 1 years’ experience as a Support Worker and a broad knowledge of our next steppers.
Due to increasing need in regard to the mobility needs of Next Steppers we have created a new position that will give us a dedicated resource for Moving and Handling.
Main Duties of the role include:
- Make initial observations of the moving and handling needs of next steppers including personal care, supported walking
- Working alongside the Moving and Handling Assessor to update annual written assessments for Next Steppers
- Compile lists of equipment and make referrals for additional equipment
- Hold workshops to demonstrate use of personal equipment
- Complete alongside Lead Support Staff Moving and Handling competencies of the staff team
- Support the annual review of emergency evacuation procedures and ensure that PEEPs are updated every 12 months or as required for all sites including Respite
- Organise Key Worker meetings and workshops to keep support team up to date with changes to moving and handling needs of next steppers
- Attend PCP reviews for the same
- Develop working relationships with Calderdale Moving and Handling Assessor, Physios and OTs
- Audit hydrotherapy support and related risk assessments
- Improve H&S for Next Steppers and Support Workers
- Be prepared to complete training on moving and handling and to cascade this training to Support Workers as they develop in this role – please note that you will be required to attend training in order to progress in this role
You will have the opportunity to complete the Train the Trainer qualification which allows you to assess the needs of the next steppers and staff and deliver training. This training will be offered once you have demonstrated your competency within the role.
Upon successful completion of a training qualification and subject to successfully completing and delivering Moving and Handling training you may receive a further salary increment.
By way of showing your interest please send a covering letter stating why you would like this opportunity and listing any relevant experience you have. This could include giving examples of addressing the moving and handling needs and also detailing your broad knowledge of the next steppers.
Please address this to Zoe Fryer. firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 4th of August 2023.